For Press Inquiries, please contact Gaylon Alcaraz at (312) 487-1351.
- New Transitional Home for LGBTQ Chicago Youth Experiencing Homelessness to Open in 2017. Jan. 3, 2017
- Project Fierce Chicago to Host 2nd Annual Breakfast N Beds Fundraiser. Oct. 21, 2015.
- Local Collective Buys Property – One Step Closer to Creating Home for LGBTQ Youth. Aug. 26, 2015.
In the News
- New Transitional Home for LGBTQ Chicago Youth Experiencing Homelessness to Open in 2017. Jan. 3, 2017. eNews Park Forest
Project Fierce Will Open Home To Homeless, LGBTQ Youth In North Lawndale. Jan. 4, 2017. DnaInfo Chicago
- An Update of Our Growth at Project Fierce Chicago. Nov. 2016, Chicago Tribune.
- Project Fierce celebrates new home at annual brunch. Oct. 2015, The Windy City Times.
- Our Chat with Project Fierce Chicago. Oct. 2015, Quilt Magazine.
- LGBT Community Fund awards $280,000+ to local groups, targeting youth, aging. Sept. 2015, The Windy City Times.
- Project Fierce Chicago buys building in North Lawndale. Aug. 2015, The Windy City Times.
- Project Fierce Raising Money for South, West side LGBT Youth housing. April 2014, DNA Info.
- Transitioning Fierceness. Dec. 2013, WBEZ.
- The Slo’ Mo’ Spectacular: A Soulful Holiday Shindig Benefiting Project Fierce. Dec. 2013, A Chicago Thing.
- QPoC Summer Spotlight #1: Project Fierce Chicago! June 2013, Little Boi Blue.
- Get Fierce about LGBTQ Homelessness. April 2013, The L Stop.
- 14 Chicago LGBTQ Organizations You Should Know. April 2013, WBEZ.
- New Local group fundraises to Fight LGBTQ Homelessness. April 2013, The Windy City Times.
CAN-TV Interview with Founder Cassandra Avenatti
Affinity CAN-TV. LGBTQ Homelessness. April 2014.
WBEZ’s Afternoon Shift. Project Fierce seeks home for LGBTQ homeless youth. March 2014.
E3 radio: LGBTQ Homelessness in Chicago ft. project Fierce Chicago & Honoring Vernita Gray with QCrew. March 2014.
Volcalo’s Morning AMP: Project Fierce Chicago is a start up dedicated to uplifting LGBTQ homeless youth. March 2014.